¡Bienvenidos!

¡Hola Hola! Here, in an attempt to bilingual-blog(!), I will document my México experience! I plan on dishing out the deets on my six-week Cuernavaca stay including (but by no means limited to); my immersion into the culture and the language, any random adventures that I may happen upon, weekend travels to D.F. and other breath-taking sights, and, of course, a full report on the delicious cuisine (tacostacos). Kick back and enjoy the adventures as I 'Make Some Big Jumps' and explore our southern-most neighbor!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

¡Besitos!

Yesterday I was facebook-chatting with my little brother Eric, and he informed me that our mom talks about mexi-Maggie all the time, always asks him if there are new photos up on the fb, etc. I was not surprised as my mama has always had that similar obsessive-curiosity that just makes me laugh. Then Eric told me that mom had been fervently scanning my blog posts to try and figure out what besitos means. Mexicans are all about the diminutives of words, and in my love-craze of the language and culture, I have come to adopt the diminutive form (it's actually not even a form, I just think it is) of words as if they were my native tongue. Using diminutives is the verb of empequeñeciemiento, or more nicely known in the english language as "the act of making things small." Which does not mean making things insignificant, but rather the diminutive adds a sense of endearment. So, entonces, he diminutive form of besos, kisses, besitos... little kisses! There's your spanish lesson for the day, folks.

...besitos!!!!
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment