¡Bienvenidos!

¡Hola Hola! Here, in an attempt to bilingual-blog(!), I will document my México experience! I plan on dishing out the deets on my six-week Cuernavaca stay including (but by no means limited to); my immersion into the culture and the language, any random adventures that I may happen upon, weekend travels to D.F. and other breath-taking sights, and, of course, a full report on the delicious cuisine (tacostacos). Kick back and enjoy the adventures as I 'Make Some Big Jumps' and explore our southern-most neighbor!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

"¡Estoy feliz, estoy en México!"

Buenas noches de Cuernavaca!

After arriving at my host-family's house today with no suitcase, an empty belly and in need of a really good night's sleep, I am currently pretty incapable of writing anything worth reading. One thing I can say with clarity is that the gin & tonic I had with dinner last night was much needed after my looooooong day, I can't recall ever having tasted such a satisfying beverage.

My bag isn't with me though. Because of all of the flight cancellations/etc., it is said to have arrived in D.F. around 4:30pm today, and will be delivered to my homestay tomorrow morning. Same clothes three days in a row? No problemo.

Oh my host family is so fantastic! It's just a mama and a papa, their two daughters are older and have married. I haven't met mi papa yet, but mi mama is amazing! I am living with another GU friend and there are two girls from a school in Pennsylvania that are studying at the Uni. here and staying at our house. Should be a wonderful time, fo sho.

I am thankful I arrived today though, because tomorrow our group is going to Teotituachan, some pyramid ruins north of D.F. With that, I am off to bed.

Besos besos besos.... porque Estoy feliz, estoy en Mexico!!!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Rough break on travel plans. I love you Mags, have so much fun! xoxoxox leah

    ReplyDelete